S937 - Digital Media Manager
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
OFFICE: Communications and Marketing
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director of Marketing
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Digital Media Manager will work with the Executive Director of Marketing in producing all forms of digital and print materials for publication and presentation to Wayland’s internal and external audiences, as well as plan, coordinate and execute Wayland’s social media initiatives.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Update materials used by various offices and schools in the recruitment of students and communication with constituencies
- Design, produce and manage printing of materials used for publication of Wayland events
- Work with external campus personal to supply needed promotional pieces
- Develop, implement and share in the evaluation of Wayland’s social media plan
- Recommend best practices and university guidelines for use of social media
- Manage the use of Social Media as marketing tools to reach student prospects
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to optimize Social Media accounts to engage non-traditional college students as well as other Wayland constituencies
- Manage and monitor Social Media accounts and engage with the audience as an official representative of Wayland Baptist University
- Provide content and/or graphics for the University website as needed
- Help research and monitor best practices for marketing through social media channels
- Collaborate with Marketing and Advancement teams to develop creative ways to promote university initiatives
- Communicate with external campus personnel to produce relevant graphic design of materials and social media best practices
- Assist with videography and photography assignments as needed
- Assist with monitoring university wide adherence to graphics standards and branding
- Resolves problems as they arise, or recommends how problems be resolved
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Marketing.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- College degree preferred. Degree in marketing, digital media or graphic design a plus
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite required
- Experience with Social Media platforms a plus
- Experience with print and graphic vendors a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong people skills and a pleasant demeanor both in person and on telephone
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in computer applications, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; as well as Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and organize projects
- Ability to work well with others
- Exhibit excellent skills in project and detail management
- Photography skills considered a plus for this position
- Experience managing a web CMS also considered a plus for this position
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift files, open file drawers, and perform repetitive arm and hand movements. Stooping, bending, and standing. Sitting at a desk or workstation. Viewing a computer monitor. Physical dexterity and coordination. Carry a camera and necessary equipment for extended periods of time.
Work as a team player. Indoors, environmentally controlled is typical work environment. Some outdoor work may apply. Importance of being exact or accurate. Repetitive motions and tasks. Transportation to and from work provided by individual. May require travel to other locations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel if necessary.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.