S935 - Admissions Representative
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Associate Director of Admissions
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Admissions Representative is a professional admission officer who represents Wayland and it’s admissions and recruiting processes in accordance with the mission of the University.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Adheres to guidelines in the University Policy and Procedures Manual
- Oversees the work of a student worker, whose duties are directly tied to the support of the Admissions Representative and his/her efforts to effectively recruit for the university and assists in the general oversight of other student workers in the Admission Office
- Resides in a primary recruiting market (Plainview) to identify and convert prospective students to enrolled students
- Provides information regarding admission requirements, financial assistance programs, scholarship eligibility, student life, and other aspects of Wayland to prospective students and their families
- Travels extensively throughout the market area, as assigned by the Coordinator of Logistics, conducting and /or hosting high school fairs, church visits, fellowships, alumni association meetings, and other conversion activities
- Makes presentations to both groups and individuals
- Works with multiple publics in a manner congruent with the mission of the University. These publics include, but are not limited to, current students, prospective students, parents of both current and prospective students, alumni, trustees, and other college/university personnel, and various internal personnel
- Schedules and performs campus tours of the campus to prospective students, parents, and faculty
- Facilitates the Recruitment Strategic Planning process for the Admission department which includes developing new initiatives for the upcoming recruitment process
- Attends and assists in the implementation of preview events and early registrations
- Supervises recruitment projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions
- Assists parents and students with problems as they arise and as the authorization allows
- Makes decisions on all matters of significance which include visiting locations not previously part of the Recruitment Strategic Plan
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Admission & Recruiting.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Experience and Knowledge:
Experience in Higher Education with a preference in admissions work is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A commitment to Christian Higher Education in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian Higher Education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas and Wayland Baptist University
- Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty and loyalty in the performance of duties of the position
- Ability to be a positive force and role model in the office by portraying a positive attitude toward other office personnel, in phone conversation and in students, family, faculty and staff members
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with multiple software platforms to include Microsoft Office and an SQL based database
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently toward Admissions goals as well as ability to accept direction and correction on work
- Ability to work collectively with the administrative and recruitment team associates
- Ability to travel and be away from home for up to two weeks at a time during the travel season
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and provide recruitment assistance to external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.