S933 - Transcripts Coordinator
LOCATION: Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: University Registrar Office
SUPERVISED BY: Associate Registrar/Office Manager and University Registrar
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Non
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Transcripts Coordinator is responsible for the entire system of the transcript process, including transcript requests, generation, and tracking. Meeting the public and working with various departments and campuses in a positive and congenial manner is required. The Coordinator will be required to work 37.75 hours per week. Responsible to the University Registrar for activities assigned. The coordinator is responsible for representing WBU to all of the University's public in a positive manner.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of the preparation of transcripts to be mailed out or sent electronically.
- Making sure transcripts are cleared from all holds to be sent out.
- Processing electronic transcripts as well as printing transcripts that are computer-generated as well as copy those maintained manually.
- Tracking transcripts either on the computer or the hard card.
- Generation of all transcript confirmations to be e-mailed or mailed to requestors.
- Greet students, ex-students, or alums who walk in requesting transcripts or any other information.
- Answer calls regarding questions concerning transcripts and other general information.
- Serve as back-up for the administrative assistant and assist with registrations, graduations, etc.
- Responds to directives of the University Registrar.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Two (2) years of proven secretarial and clerical office experience is required.
- Registrar Office experience desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess good computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access are preferred.
- Must possess good typing skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills. Must maintain attention to detail and ownership of the entire transcript process and the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task the various responsibilities within the scope of the transcript process or other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be punctual and dependable with integrity, honesty and loyalty is essential to required performance the duties of the position.
- Ability to be a positive force in the office by portraying a positive attitude toward other office personnel, in phone conversations and greeting visitors.
- A commitment to Christian Higher Education and in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian Higher Education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas generally, and WBU particularly.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.