S931 External Campus Textbook Manager
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) - Plainview Campus
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: University Bookstore
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Manager/Textbook Manager
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (Administrative)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Workers in the Textbook Department and University Store
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The External Campus Textbook Manager oversees the operations of External Campuses with physical Bookstores.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Following the Textbook Master Calendar, the External Campus Textbook Manager works with external campus personnel to compile textbook orders for each term (five terms per year).
- Upon receipt of textbook adoptions from each center the External Campus Textbook Manager enters the data into the computerized textbook management system and makes buying decisions.
- Is responsible for setting up Automatic eBooks for External Campuses with bookstores.
- Receives and processes invoices and credits for the bookstore.
- Is responsible for auditing Automatic eBooks sales and processing budget transfers for all WBU campuses.
- The External Campus Textbook Manager and external campus personnel determine which textbooks to return to publishers. They will enter the data into the computerized textbook management system and print chargeback return forms to send to publishers with the overstock textbooks.
- Perform duties of assisting customers, receiving shipments and corresponding with campus personnel.
- Formulates and/or implements policies in relation to the operations related to the Textbook area of the University Bookstore.
- Provides expert advice to management such as the Director of Sales and Services and Administration in relation to the Textbook area of the University Bookstore.
- Resolves or recommends how to resolve problems as they arise related to the Textbook area of the University Bookstore.
- Assists with WBU online campuses.
- Process and ship all textbook and merchandise orders.
- Responsible for student worker schedules in Textbook department.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by his or her supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
Experience and Knowledge:
One (1) year of successful experience in an office setting showing a degree of administrative responsibility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in operating a personal computer and in using a variety of software applications; particularly Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Textbook Management Systems or similar software packages will be given preference.
- Ability to utilize good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to anticipate problems and use good judgment in developing solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated and possess the ability to conceptualize processes.
- A commitment to Christian higher education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
- This person needs to project a positive force in the store by portraying a positive attitude toward other personnel, in phone conversations, and customer service.
- Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in the performance of the position
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.