S930 - Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SCHOOL: School of Mathematics and Sciences
SUPERVISED BY: Dean, School of Mathematics & Sciences
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant assists with maintaining the School of Mathematics & Sciences records, processing reports, school publicity, and overseeing the School Office. Additional duties include assisting faculty and students, greeting visitors, answering the phone, maintaining supplies and equipment, supervising student workers, data collection and distribution, and organizing special projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Assist with financial records
- Maintain faculty, student, and new student records
- Maintain degree plan profiles and advising materials
- Maintain school phone line tactfully and courteously and process calls to appropriate faculty/staff members as necessary
- Process or develop documents, reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc. as necessary
- Greet visitors and prospective students in a tactful and courteous manner
- Assist with registration as needed (possibly working on Saturday as required for summer registration)
- Coordinate with lab manager and faculty to maintain laboratory and research supplies by obtaining quotes and processing requisitions.
- Assist with maintaining the Math and Sciences webpages and with promotion of School through social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Design and distribute quarterly School newsletter.
- Oversee basic daily operations of the School.
- Assist with preparation of annual and special reports
- Assist with special events and projects.
- Assist faculty with select curriculum related activities
The above statements are not a complete list of responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this position. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean.
Education, Certification and License:
- Some College Education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
- Office-related experience
- Experience maintaining financial records
- Ability to apply Christian principles in the workplace
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills (comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint,, Email, etc.) and be willing to acquire additional skills as necessary
- Must have excellent time-management skills and be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to complete a variety of tasks simultaneously and work within a flexible framework.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of the students, faculty, administrators and WBU staff personnel.
- Must be able to work within the School of Math and Sciences faculty/staff “team” and understand and apply the concept of “servant leadership” as it applies to the School of Math and Sciences and Wayland Baptist University
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish his or her identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Naturalization Services. Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.