S925 - Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Head Coach of Women’s Soccer and Athletic Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Graduate Assistants and Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Coach of Women's Soccer is responsible for assisting with the Soccer program.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Coordinates the recruiting of student-athletes who have the ability and potential, athletically and academically, to achieve success at WBU. In that sense, the Coach serves as a recruiting officer of the University, attracting students to participate in the programs.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the Soccer program.
- Set forth desired goals for the program.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the NAIA, the Sooner Athletic Conference and WBU.
- Arrange for the use of facilities and vehicles through the Athletics Director.
- Arrange for pre-participation physicals and be responsible for securing all pre-participation forms as required by the Athletics Department policy for eligibility purposes.
- Recommend a preliminary budget for the upcoming season to the Athletic Director and Head Coach. Also, insure that budgeted revenues are achieved and budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- Keep records of uniforms, equipment, and supplies issued during the season and submit an inventory of same at the end of the school year to the Athletics Director.
- Serve the Head Coach as the Coordinator of Soccer Operations:
- Coordinate recruiting for the soccer program by making contacts with potential players and arranging for campus visits.
- Coordinate transportation and travel needs of the soccer teams.
- Assist the Head Coach in planning, organizing, and supervising the total year round program for the sport. This will include pre and post -season practices as well as games.
- In the absence of the Head Coach, be responsible for the team or a portion of the team in practice and in games.
- Be instrumental in leading team members to attain Christian growth and high ethical and moral standards.
- Manages all facilities maintenance, which includes equipment and faculty upkeep and student workers
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Soccer and Athletic Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Physical Education or closely related field is preferred.
- Masters Degree in PHEO or closely related field is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in Soccer is required.
- Collegiate coaching experience in Soccer is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good PC skills and experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database experience.
- Be able to communicate with the team in practice and competition.
- Possess written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with a variety of constituents.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.