Administrative Assistant - Human Resources (Part-Time Position) (S921)
POSTING DATE: February 29, 2020
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Human Resources
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant of Human Resources will assist all Human Resources staff with projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources, Payroll Coordinator, and Benefits Coordinator.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Work directly with director on projects such as university timesheets tracking, leave balances adjustments, processing of employment applications, and creation/maintenance of personnel files
2. Answer calls, emails, and assists visitors to the office with Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits, questions
3. Handle verification of employment requests received by the WBU will be handled solely by the Office of Human Resources
4. Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed
5. Assists Benefits Coordinator with assigned projects as needed
6. Assists Payroll Coordinator with assigned projects as needed
7. Helps office with compliance of all applicable state and federal labor laws
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required
2. College level Business Administration or Accounting courses are preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Three (3) years proven office experience is required
2. Experience in Human Resources, Payroll, or Benefits administration will be given preference
Skills and Abilities:
1. Skillful, pleasant and tactful in receiving telephone calls, and visitors
2. Honesty, reliability, accuracy and integrity in completing job assignments
3. Computer proficiency using such programs as Word, Excel and Great Plains among other program as needed
4. Must have the ability to work independently, receive a minimum amount of supervision and guidance on policies, procedures and personnel
5. Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and use administrative reporting channels appropriately
6. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, anticipate problems and use sound judgment and tact in handling confidential matters
7. Must have a commitment to Christian higher education, in general, and the purpose of philosophy of higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas, in general, and of Wayland Baptist University in particular
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Elizabeth Hudspeth, Interim Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.