Administrative Assistant - Financial Aid (S920)
POSTING DATE: February 29, 2020
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
OFFICE: Financial Aid
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director of Financial Aid
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant deals directly with students and parents by answering questions pertaining to financial aid applications and/or procedures.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Answer and direct phone calls to appropriate staff
2. Greet students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration
3. Assist students, parents, and other entities with basic financial aid questions
4. Provide various written and verbal correspondence
5. Process documents submitted through the general office email
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Financial Aid.
1. Education, Certification and License:
2. High School Diploma or GED is required.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One to two years of experience in an office setting
2. Knowledge of the financial aid process and terminology would be preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to be a positive advocate for students and parents
2. Positive attitude toward other office personnel, both in phone conversation and in greeting students, faculty, and staff members
3. Beginning to intermediate level experience in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
4. Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Meticulous attention to detail
7. Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
8. Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in the performance of duties are required for this position
9. The successful applicant will need to have a commitment to Christian Higher Education and be in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian Higher Education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas generally, and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
Must have no delinquent or have defaulted on any Student Loans. A credit check will be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Elizabeth Hudspeth, Interim Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.