Graduation Evaluator - S919
POSTING DATE: January 27, 2020
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Graduate Studies
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Graduate Studies
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Graduation Evaluator will be primarily responsible for maintaining graduate student records, auditing graduate student academic records for graduation, and resolving issues related to graduation.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Serve as the primary evaluator for graduations:
a. Notify students/external campuses of dates/deadlines pertaining to graduation or other pertinent information relative to graduation.
b. Review, evaluate, and certify applicants for graduation.
c. Resolve issues relating to graduation requirements.
2. Assist with the maintenance of graduate students records.
3. Comply with and enforce all University policies relating to Graduate Services and privacy/right-to-know laws and policies.
4. Serve as a communication conduit between Graduate Services and other departments or offices on both the Plainview campus and the external campuses.
5. Assist in maintaining graduate catalog materials.
6. Assist with the compiling, analyzing, and dissemination of data and reports required for institutional decision making for Wayland’s graduate studies.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by the employee in this job. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Graduate Studies.
Education, Certification and License:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience and Knowledge:
Two (2) years of progressive office or related experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced computer application skills.
2. Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Ability to retrieve, organize, understand, and analyze data.
4. Initiative and self-discipline to organize and conduct projects independently.
5. Ability to work successfully with others to accomplish the goals of the institution.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.