Assistant Director of Financial Aid - S918
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2020
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Office of Financial Aid
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director of Financial Aid
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Director of Financial Aid assists prospective and current students with all aspects of the financial aid process and is responsible for operations of the Office of Financial Aid in the absence of the Executive Director of Financial Aid. The Assistant Director will serve as the primary support for the Executive Director in collecting, processing, disbursing, reconciling, and reporting all federal, state, and private financial aid for students at Plainview, external, and virtual campuses. The Assistant Director will assist the Executive Director in monitoring federal and state regulation in our internal policy and procedures, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and Return to Title IV.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Analyze financial aid applications along with other confidential financial data to determine eligibility for student financial assistance from institutional, federal, state and other programs. Advise students and their families about costs, financial aid policies, procedures, programs, funding limitations, and options in a skillful, timely and professional manner by appropriate means. Review and respond to special circumstance review requests.
2. Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and policies, which requires extensive knowledge of current federal and state regulations and monitoring of federal legislation for changes to ensure institutional compliance. Responsible for making recommendations for changes in policy or procedures to the Executive Director and assisting in training of staff as appropriate.
3. Support annual PowerFAIDS system set-up and testing.
4. Support annual review and update of letter/email templates and publications, and website.
5. Monitor Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) annually for Plainview and External Campuses and review and respond to SAP Appeals for students on Financial Aid Suspension.
6. Review students for official and unofficial withdrawals and Return Title IV funds according to federal regulations.
7. Support the collecting, processing, disbursing, reconciling, and reporting of student information for all federal programs such as PELL Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), and Direct Loans.
8. Support collecting, processing, disbursing, reconciling, and reporting student information for state programs such as Tuition Equalization Grant (TEG) and College Access Loans (CAL).
9. Support collecting, processing, disbursing, reconciling, and reporting student information for private education loans.
10. Serve as senior member in charge of operations and personnel in the absence of the Executive Director of Financial Aid.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Financial Aid.
Education, Certification and License:
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Bachelor Degree is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive office experience is required.
2. Experience in Financial Aid is preferred.
3. Experience with PowerFAIDs preferred.
4. Management experience preferred.
5. Experience with website maintenance preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills; including public speaking.
2. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
3. Ability to work with a team or independently.
4. Intermediate level (or higher) skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Must have no delinquent or have defaulted on any Student Loans. A credit check will be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.