Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) - S917
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SCHOOL: School of Christian Studies (SCS)
SUPERVISED BY: Dean, School of School of Christian Studies, Director of KALEO
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant assists with maintaining the KALEO financial records; this includes processing and/or developing a number of documents, reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc. using a variety of computer, software, and office equipment. Additional duties include processing data; maintaining various office files; providing general oversight of the office; greeting visitors; maintaining the phone lines; and projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Display ability to maintain confidentiality when functioning with sensitive material.
2. Assist with the processing and maintenance of the KALEO financial records.
3. Process or develop documents, reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc. as necessary.
4. Maintain various office files.
5. Maintain phone line tactfully and courteously, and process calls to appropriate staff members as necessary.
6. Greet and interact with visitors, other employees, and students in a tactful and courteous manner.
7. Assist with special projects as assigned.
8. Generate reports requested by the Lilly Foundation.
9. Maintain KALEO website.
The above statements are not a complete list of responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this position. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the School Dean or KALEO Director
1. Some College Education required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Past office-related or clerical experience required.
2. Past experience maintaining financial records preferred.
3. Ability to apply Christian principles in the workplace.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Must have very good computer skills (comfortable with Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, PowerCampus, IQWeb, Contribute, email, etc.) and be willing to acquire additional computer and technical skills as necessary.
3. Must have excellent time-management skills and be self-motivated and detailed-oriented.
4. Must be able to complete a variety of tasks simultaneously and work within a flexible framework.
5. Must be sensitive to the needs of the students, faculty, administrators and WBU staff personnel.
6. Must have understanding of the unique needs of the denominational and area churches.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes