Art Gallery Aid (Part-Time Position) - S912
POSTING DATE: September 4, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) - Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: School of Fine Arts
SUPERVISED BY: Curator of Art/Llano Estacado Museum/Abraham Gallery
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Art Gallery Aid is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Abraham Art Gallery.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Oversee posting on social media for the Abraham Art Gallery.
2. Design and produce promotional materials for the Gallery; posters, schedule cards, and print ads.
3. Assist with photography of Gallery events.
4. Assist with producing exhibition labels and banners.
5. Answers the phone, provide gallery security and oversight, and handle sales of artwork.
6. Receive shipments of artworks.
7. Assist in installation of art exhibitions and strike and re-crating of exhibition works.
8. Docent services where needed (guiding groups through an exhibition and providing enrichment information, historical information and commentary on the works of art).
9. Maintain the gallery schedule (hours open).
10. Attending and assisting with receptions.
11. Attending to the needs of guest artists and working with the public.
12. Assist with identifying maintenance needs of the gallery space and storage areas.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Curator of Art/Llano Estacado Museum/Abraham Gallery.
Education, Certification and License:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. College Degree desired.
Experience and Knowledge:
One (1) to three (3) years of art gallery experience is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to pay careful attention to detail.
2. Take initiative and work well with others.
3. Respect for artists and artworks.
4. Must be an organized individual who is able to make gallery first priority.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.