Test Center Administrator - S911
POSTING DATE: August 26, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – San Antonio Campus, Keesler Air Force Base Site (Biloxi, MS)
SUPERVISED BY: Testing Operations Manager with an informal line of supervision by the Keesler Air Force Base Education Services Officer.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide oversight for the operation of the National Testing Center at Keesler Air Force Base, to include all CLEP, DANTES, and Pearson Vue testing as well as other specified exams as needed.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Check-in students.
2. Establishes and maintains test center policies and required security practices.
3. Controls and manages the applicable software.
4. Promotes the test center.
5. Promotes Wayland with non-Wayland prospective students.
6. Assists with administrative tasks as required.
7. Sets testing hours in conjunction with the Memorandum of Agreement in coordination with the local Education Services Officer.
8. Proctors examinations and processes test materials according to the Memorandum of Agreement and testing agency requirements.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Testing Operations Manager.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Bachelors Degree in business, education, or related field required.
2. Masters degree preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Experience advising students in an academic setting preferred.
2. Previous experience in test proctoring is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be people-service centered.
2. Possess strong administrative skills.
3. Ability to juggle multiple tasks is essential.
4. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the university.
5. Possess good PC skills and experience in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
6. Communication Skills: possess good verbal and written skills plus good listening skills.
7. Organizational Skills: must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills.
8. Understand and interpret personnel policies and procedures.
9. Prioritize tasks. Flexible and available to work extended hours as needed.
10. Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.