Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticket Manager - S910
POSTING DATE: August 26, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Intercollegiate Athletics
SUPERVISED BY: Athletic Director
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticker Manager provides administrative support to the Director of Athletics and the entire Athletic Department in document processing, and the development of reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc. using a variety of office equipment including computer and software applications. In addition, the Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticket Manager is the first impression either on the telephone or in person for Intercollegiate Athletics, and needs to be able to direct calls and/or persons in a friendly, professional and informative manner. As Ticket Manager, is responsible for coordinating the selling of tickets for admission to home athletics competitions. The Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticker Manager also serves as game day manager and coordinates those tasks with the Director of Sports Information and the Director of Athletics, as well as the Head Coach of the various sports. The Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticker Manager is responsible for hiring and scheduling of student workers in the Laney Center and for scheduling of events related to Laney Center and other WBU Athletic facility use. The Administrative Assistant and Athletics Ticker Manager is also responsible for organizing and supervising game day set up and administration.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Display expertise or ability to function with sensitive information requiring highest appreciation for confidentiality.
2. Establish and maintain a variety of systems, records and files with different levels of confidentiality.
3. Manage and organize projects, events and special activities related to athletic department and Laney Center use with minimal supervision.
4. Schedule and supervise student workers assigned to monitor and maintain the Pete and Nelda Laney Center.
5. Maintain and organize the scheduling of athletic facilities and communicate with needed outside groups and individuals on the use and set up of those athletic facilities.
6. Assist with the record keeping and administrative duties as assigned in the Athletic Sports Medicine Department including communication with health care providers concerning billing and payments for services.
7. Manage and organize ticket sales for all home athletics competitions, including high school play-off events, and provide an accounting of tickets sold for each event.
8. Assist with pre-game and post-game activities as needed.
9. Have knowledge of UIL policies and procedures for high school sporting events hosted by the university.
10. Maintain yearly scholarship records, scholarship copies and spreadsheets on our athletic scholarship commitments.
11. Perform typing and transcription duties as required, for example all manner of university paperwork, i.e., budgets, requisitions, itineraries, e-mails, insurance forms, correspondence, etc.
12. Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports for WBU, NAIA, or other governing body use as requested.
13. Assist with the completion of the NAIA Year End Report.
14. Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars and other basic support software.
15. Assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
16. Know the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the University.
17. On a regular and continuous basis, exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibly for decisions, consequences and results that have and impact on people, costs and/or quality of services within the University and/or departmental function.
18. Demonstrate knowledge of University resources and services.
19. Use appropriate tact/ communication skills in all areas of job fulfillment.
20. Answer telephones and assist athletic staff as needed.
21. Assist in the coordination and preparation for all summer camps.
22. Act as liaison between athletes/campers and parents and/or guardians.
23. Aid in job applicant process and orient new employees as needed.
24. Oversee all outgoing and incoming mail daily.
25. Retrieve all mail in all mailboxes assigned to this department on a daily basis.
26. Assist with bulk mailing as needed.
27. Oversees the submission of trip slips to the Dean of Students.
28. Proficient in desktop publishing such as programs, flyers, signs, etc.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Education, Certification and License:
Two (2) years of college.
Experience and Knowledge:
Two (2) to three (3) years clerical experience.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have a commitment to Christian higher education in general and the purpose and philosophy of higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and of Wayland Baptist University in particular.
2. Possess good written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills that develop effective management relationships with all levels of staff and colleagues, with the ability to professionally represent the University to external constituencies in business matters.
3. Possess good PC skills and experience in Word, Excel, and database experience.
4. Handle multiple tasks while being detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
5. Must be able and willing to work after regular hours and weekends as needed.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below):https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.