Site Director - S906
POSTING DATE: August 8, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Wichita Falls/Altus Campus – Extension location at the Ft. Sill Army Base in Lawton, OK
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director/Campus Dean
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Site Director oversees various academic and administrative operations related to the teaching site.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Oversees the operations, which includes various academic and administrative matters at the Altus Campus locations.
2. Consults with the Wichita Falls/Altus Campus Executive Director/Dean in developing an annual budget for the site.
3. Serves as liaison with the Altus AFB Education Services Officer, Western Oklahoma State College and other related education institutions.
4. Oversees and provides academic advising for students at the sites which includes the development of an unofficial degree plan, preparation of a temporary evaluation, the monitoring of degree progress and the processing of graduation applications.
5. Responsible for performing and coordinating all the necessary financial matters of enrollment of students, including Tuition Assistance, VA Benefits, Government grant programs, loans and other financial assistance.
6. Responsible for resolution of problems as they arise including resolving academic problems and issues in accordance with University and Air Force/Army proceduree.
7. Works with the Wichita Falls/Altus Campus Executive Director/Dean in recruiting students, identifying and participating in appropriate community events, and in publicizing and promoting WBU’s programs relevant to the teaching sites.
8. Establishes and maintains liaison and communication and ensures appropriate exchange with academic and administrative offices at the Plainview Campus.
9. Assists in graduation ceremonies twice annually as possible.
10. Provides assistance and support for the Ft. Sill Site Coordinator.
11. Responsible to manage the campus enrollment and promoting growth through providing quality service and excellence in the handling of duties and solving problems.
12. Consults with the Wichita Falls/Altus Campus Executive Director/Dean in formulating or implementing policies for the operations of the location.
13. Completes work assigned by the Wichita Falls/Altus Campus Executive Director/Dean.
14. Provides expert advice to the Wichita Falls/Altus administration on matters related to the location.
15. Travels in Southwest Oklahoma or as otherwise as required.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Campus Dean.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Master’s Degree in business, education, public administration or related field highly desirable.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in business, education, or related field considered
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Previous experience as an academic advisor or campus administrator at Wayland Baptist University or comparable institution is highly desirable.
2. A deep commitment to Christian Higher Education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and WBU in particular.
3. A servant’s heart with administrative experience in a customer service setting.
Skills and Abilities:
2. Able to work independently with little or no direction.
3. Able to build relationships with community and partner school leaders.
4. A strong desire to build and expand the program throughout the Southwest Oklahoma.
5. Must be people-service centered.
6. Possess strong administrative skills.
7. Able to multi-task.
8. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the university.
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
10. Must possess outstanding verbal and written skills plus good listening skills.
11. Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
12. Ability to understand and interpret personnel policies and procedures.
13. Ability to prioritize. Flexible and available to work extended hours as needed.
14. Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others.
15. Ability to speak effectively in public to both small and large audiences
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.