Academic Advisor/Recruiter - S904
POSTING DATE: August 5, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University – Anchorage Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Site-Coordinator at JBER-Elmendorf
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Academic Advisor/Recruiter performs basic recruitment, expansion and development responsibilities. Works with local community colleges, government, and private agencies in developing opportunities for Wayland Baptist University to expand its base of operations and course offerings.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Establish contacts with local governmental and private agencies and employers concerning establishing cohorts and/or other programs that would fit for their employees.
2. Establish contacts and relationships with civilian/military schools and businesses for active recruitment of new students.
3. Attend college/job fairs, Chamber of Commerce, and other community activities throughout the local area to represent Wayland, engage potential students and adjunct professors, and build a contact list for further interaction.
4. Follow up with students who are referred, connect with appropriate academic advisors, and complete administrative files before the end of first term of enrollment.
5. Provide academic advising for undergraduate students at JBER-Elmendorf.
6. Greet students, prospective students, and refer to appropriate staff persons in a tactful and courteous manner.
7. Assist with registrations as well as academic advising accurately and without delays.
8. Assist with graduations accurately and without delays.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required
2. Master’s Degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. People and detail oriented work experience.
2. Previous sales experience.
3. Knowledge of Academic programs.
4. Knowledge of how to apply Christian principles in the work place.
5. Knowledge of administrative/clerical procedures/systems and other office procedures/ terminology.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Use of computers is a must. Microsoft Office Suite knowledge is necessary.
3. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
5. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
6. The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
7. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
8. The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
9. The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
10. The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
11. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
12. The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
13. Able to follow directions from supervisor
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information: 1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.