Assistant Coordinator of Student Financial Accounts - S903
POSTING DATE: July 31, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
SUPERVISED BY: Coordinator of Student Financial Accounts
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Coordinator of Student Financial Accounts works closely with and reports to the Coordinator of Student Financial Accounts. The Assistant Coordinator is responsible for monitoring student accounts, collecting of past due accounts, preparing reminder notices, and forwarding accounts to a collection agency.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Monitor student accounts for both the Plainview campus and the WBUOnline campus.
2. Work directly with external campus personnel to monitor student accounts at campuses other than Plainview.
3. Collect on past due accounts (letters, phone call visits, and collection agencies).
4. Prepare diligence notices.
5. Forward accounts to collection agencies.
6. Monitor accounts for graduation.
7. Maintain daily contact with students pertaining to accounts that are in question.
8. Process of daily payments from students and collection agencies.
9. Assist in supervising part-time student workers.
10. Work past due accounts and prepare to send to collections.
11. Monitor and review former student payment plans.
12. Run aging reports for the Chief Financial Officer as requested.
13. Work closely with the Financial Aid Office to verify students have completed all paperwork in order to advance financial aid to their account.
14. Work all registrations and help to organize the set up and process involved with registration.
15. Speak at Senior Seminar, Orientation and other speaking engagements as needed.
16. Monitor and order office supplies for the Business Office and Student Financial Account
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Student Financial Accounts.
Education, Certification and License:
Associates Degree in Business is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Previous experience in an office setting is required.
2. Three (3) years of experience in the field of collections is preferred.
3. Knowledge of the financial aid process/terminology and the Perkins Loan program is preferred.
4. Knowledge of the state and federal lending laws and experience contracting with external collection agencies is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Possess and demonstrate strong people skills.
2. Ability to work with computer programs such as Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
3. Knowledge of Great Plains software is helpful.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Excellent organization skills.
6. Ability to demonstrate pleasant phone etiquette.
7. Must have a high degree of self-motivation and desire for achievement.
8. Possess a commitment to Christian higher education.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information: 1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.