Harral Auditorium Supervisor - S901
POSTING DATE: July 26, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Dean, School of Fine Arts
POSITIONS SUPERVISED BY THIS POSITION: Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Harral Auditorium Supervisor provides leadership and support for all the aspects of the operation of the auditorium.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Oversee operations, maintenance, staffing, and scheduling of the Harral Auditorium.
2. Specific duties include but are not limited to: live sound mixing, audio recording and mixing, sound system set-up, sound system design and optimization, lighting design and operation, video projection design and operation, equipment maintenance and inventory, facility scheduling, and budget planning and oversight.
3. Additional duties include but are not limited to: supporting the Wayland School of Music concert logistics; supporting weekly Wayland Chapel sessions; designing and operating university commencements; providing sound and other production needs for faculty/staff professional development workshops, campus student activities in Harral, university trustee meetings, and other high-profile university events both in Harral and across campus; and hosting guest groups in Harral including area schools, churches, and community organizations.
4. Train and supervise Harral Auditorium student workers.
5. Maintain Harral Auditorium facility on a daily basis including post-event security: controlling light board, sound board, house lights, hall lights, piano security, and locking the outside doors.
6. Schedule maintenance of the auditorium prior to the next scheduled event.
7. Supervise general maintenance including but not limited to bulb replacement, equipment inventory, painting, and tool maintenance.
8. Maintain a high degree of professionalism and exhibit respect for all persons using the facility – Wayland students, faculty, staff, administration, and off-campus guests. Seek to serve all in the best way possible within the limitations of the facility and personnel.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean, School of Fine Arts.
Education, Certification and License:
Associates degree in audio, video, or lighting technology or 4 years related experience.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Knowledge and skills in operation of sound systems.
2. Knowledge and skills in operation of video systems.
3. Knowledge and skills in operation of computer based lighting systems.
4. Experience in technical theatre.
5. Knowledge and skills in rigging and basic production construction.
6. Knowledge and skills using Microsoft Office Suite software
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, remain flexible, offer creative insights, and model the highest degree of industry professionalism.
2. Commitment to and agreement with the philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and, in particular, Wayland Baptist University.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted by downloading it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information: 1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/documents/Application-for-employment-addition.pdf
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.