S898 Student Accounts Manager/Financial Aid, VA Certification
DATE: June 18, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Sierra Vista Campus – Ft. Huachuca
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Dean/Site Coordinator/Marketing Coordinator
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Student Accounts Manager/Financial Aid, Veteran’s Certification serves as liaison between students and Main Campus regarding Sierra Vista student accounts receivables, financial aid, and VA.
1. Provide accurate and timely assistance to students regarding accounts.
2. Provide accurate and timely information to Executive Director/Campus Dean, Assistant Dean, and Main Campus when required.
3. Provides biweekly and monthly reports to appropriate personnel.
4. Agility to be productive in a dynamic work environment.
5. Maintains SV financial aid files as well as all AR reconciliations, and VA files for annual audit purpose.
6. Assist in annual audit of student accounts, financial aid, and VA.
7. Certify all students who are applying for Veteran benefits.
8. Tactfully greet students, prospective students and refer to the appropriate staff/faculty in a courteous manner.
9. Assist with registrations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay.
10. Assist with graduations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay.
11. Assist with updating this position’s job description as required.
12. Work late afternoons and early evenings to accommodate students’ needs and faculty needs. Occasional Saturday work may also be required.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean/Site Coordinator/Marketing Coordinator.
Education, Certification and License:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One (1) year of office related experience.
2. Knowledge of how to apply Christian principles in the work place is also required
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. An in-depth understanding of, and commitment to, the “team” and “servant leadership” concepts is essential to advancing the Sierra Vista Campus mission.
3. Excellent computer skills are required.
4. Must be an excellent manager of time.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www2.wbu.edu/jobapp/empapp.aspx
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.