Night Monitor - Randolph AFB (Part-Time Position)
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – San Antonio Campus, Randolph Air Force Base
SUPERVISED BY: Site Coordinator
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED BY: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Night Monitor serve as duty monitor for all facilities used by Wayland Baptist University for weeknight and weekend classes on Randolph Air Force Base.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Arrive at site by 5:30 pm in order to begin unlocking classrooms and inspecting for readiness for 6:00 pm classes.
- Unlock classroom doors, turn on lights and inspect classrooms to insure they are ready for class (clear trash from tables and floor, erase boards, straighten tables and chairs)
- Set-up all audio-visual equipment, computers, overhead projectors, etc.
- Insure instructors have all of the necessary equipment.
- Assist students and instructors in locating classrooms.
- Check ID’s at entry during appropriate periods.
- Monitor security during class.
- Secure classrooms when classes are over.
- Make a security, safety and fire check each hour of all pertinent classrooms in the building while classes are in session.
- Be prepared to respond appropriately to emergencies. During severe weather alerts, keep instructors informed and, using best judgment, coordinate with instructors regarding class dismissals. Under emergency situations, make sure all individuals vacate to designated rooms. Inform all school representatives of early dismissals or other emergencies.
- Insure that students in each classroom are in compliance with the Randolph policies regarding facility use.
- Ensure furniture is restored in classrooms at end of class.
- Conduct a security check of all buildings, including all offices, classrooms and restrooms to verify that they are vacant, following the end of class sessions.
- Record activities as required prior to departing.
Other Duties to be Performed:
- At all times the monitor will represent the school in a professional and courteous manner and assist instructors and students in any reasonable manner.
- Coordinate any expected absences and time sheets with site coordinator.
- Advise site coordinator of any defective equipment, lights not working, fire hazards, plumbing problems, etc.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Education, Certification and License:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Experience in building security and monitoring is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good physical condition.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to carry out the assigned duties of the position.
Other Required Qualifications:
1. Appropriate dress and well-groomed, neat appearance is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gate pass to Randolph AFB.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below): https://www2.wbu.edu/jobapp/empapp.aspx
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.