S886 Academic Adviser/Academic Programs Coordinator - Sierra Vista Campus
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Sierra Vista Campus – Landmark Site
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Executive Director/Campus Dean
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Academic Advisor/Academic Programs Coordinator performs office duties as assigned, including preparing both graduate and undergraduate degree plans, marketing academic programs to the community, managing academic schedules for the Sierra Vista site, and working with faculty to ensure faculty have EFQ and proper credential for each class taught. Provides support to faculty. Assists with registration and graduation duties. Conducts periodic evaluations of term schedules and year rotation. Provides personal information assistance to students regarding degree plan and program requirements. Obtains, analyzes, and conveys information about degree plans and program policies. Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the institution to customers, the public, government, and other external sources, through exchanges of information via written, or personal correspondence.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Advises all graduate students on their academic degree plans
- Counsels individual to help them understand their educational options from preliminary stages through graduation
- Counsels students regarding education issues including term schedules and course rotations
- Assists with registration
- Assists with graduation
- Oversees all aspects of academic program scheduling including term and year rotation
- Assists faculty in scheduling correct courses
- Processes all paperwork for new faculty, including preliminary EFQ’s
- Prepares Faculty Pay Authorizations and contracts
- Assists faculty by obtaining books, teaching materials, and providing any additional support
- Creates, compiles, and interprets reports for academic processes
- Proctors tests
- Provides day-to-day administration for the Landmark location
- Addresses community groups, faculty, and staff members to explain available academic programs and procedures.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Executive Director/Campus Dean.
Education, Certification, and License:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, education, or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred (or Master’s degree in progress and near completion)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of how to apply Christian principles in the workplace is required.
- Experience in Higher Education is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- An in-depth understanding of, and commitment to the “team” and “servant leadership” concepts is essential to advancing the Sierra Vista Campus mission
- Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must be able to relate positively to all backgrounds of individuals
- Must be an excellent manger of time
- Must be detailed oriented and reflect good organizational skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below) https://www2.wbu.edu/jobapp/empapp.aspx
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.