Administrative Assistant - WBUOnline
Posting Date: July 11, 2018
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
Supervised By: WBUonline
Position Classification: Exempt (Administrative)
Position Supervised: Student worker
General Responsibilities: The WBUonline Administrative Assistant performs responsible work in the preparation and distribution of time-sensitive term information. Duties consist of entering data and generating reports from the various databases used by WBUonline and interacting with students, staff and faculty in a professional, customer-friendly manner. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation of job performance based upon accuracy and timely completion of assigned work.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Provides general support to students of distance learning programs by phone, email
and other means
2. Oversees the student Blackboard support portal responding to escalated student support requests and monitoring the status of open tickets to make sure all student support issues are resolved in a timely manner
3. Oversees the proctor approval process, keeps a database to track proctor candidates, updates proctor information in Blackboard, and manages the online proctoring system
4. Provides assistance communicating to faculty and staff via electronic means. Fulfilling this responsibility includes the use of email, mail merge in Microsoft Word from Access queries, Adobe Acrobat, and proprietary resources
5. Assists in maintaining the WBUonline academic calendar
6. Assists in maintaining the WBUonline Toolbox and in aiding instructors to meet academic calendar deadlines
7. Coordinates administrative withdrawals for reported No-Shows and facilitates Last Date of Attendance requests
8. Reconciles monthly budget accounts
9. Assists in supporting the various applications associated with WBUonline, including Respondus, PowerCampus, Student Services, and Microsoft Offic
10. Resolves and recommends solutions to problems as they arise to better serve the online constituency
11. Updates WBUonline social media sites
12. Oversees student worker in the creation of Blackboard data reports
13. Monitor support by phone one weekend a month
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the director of WBUonline
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of WBUonline.
1. Some college experience or other professional training, especially related to the
use of computer-based technology
2. Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
1. Two (2) years full time paid customer-service experience
2. Experience with Blackboard, PowerCampus, and distance learning a plus
Skills & Abilities:
1. Must be accurate and alert, showing precision in work that is assigned
2. Must be able to work with Blackboard and related course management tools
3. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
4. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact with students, faculty, and administrative representatives appropriately through verbal and electronic media
5. Must possess strong organizational skills
6. Must be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
7. Must work cooperatively with others in order to achieve a common goal
8. Must have a commitment to Christian higher education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel.. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.