Coordinator of Housing
Posting Date: June 14, 2018
Location: Wayland Baptist University
Division/Department: Student Services
Supervised By: Executive Director of Student Services/Dean of Students
Position Classification: Exempt
Position Supervised: Housing Staff, Residence Hall Supervisors, and Resident Assistants.
General Responsibilities: The Housing Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of operations of all Men's/Women's Residence Halls/Dorms, Wayland Apartments and houses designated for students to provide an atmosphere conducive to academic success and personal growth of the student.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Supervises residence hall life and is informed of all problems
2. Reports maintenance issues and tracks progress of repairs
3. Regularly inspects Wayland housing units making note of needed repairs and/or updates
4. With assistance from Executive Director of Student Services, manages the employment status of Resident Hall Supervisors and other Housing Staff
5. Provides on-going training for all dorm personnel and Housing Staff
6. Plans and conducts training for Residence Hall Supervisors and Resident Assistants
7. Supports and participates in the programs and activities promoted by Student Services
8. Participates in and manages Housing staff participation in all University registration events
9. Enters all related Meals and Housing charges to PowerCampus
10. Balances Housing and Meal reports with required offices
11. Provides weekly Housing reports to Admissions Office
12. Serves on appropriate University committees as requested
13. Cooperates with other departments within the University to support the University’s mission
14. Supports and complies with all University policies
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Student Services and Dean of Students.
Master’s Degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Two (2) years experience working directly with University Students
2. Two (2) years experience in Customer Services directly to the public
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must possess strong customer service skills and have the ability to work
with students and their families in relation to being sensitive to their particular
2. Ability to understand and resolves problems that students in a residential setting may experience.
3. Must possess the ability to work with computer programs such as Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PowerCampus (preferred).
4. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time (Multi-tasking).
5. Must be willing to work with other departments and individuals.
6. Must be punctual, reliable person.
7. Must be willing to work some evening and weekends when needed.
8. Must be willing to be available when problems arise after hours and on the weekends.
9. Must be highly organized, administratively gifted person capable of managing large amounts of data.
10. Proactive problem solver and self-starter.
11. Must be able to manage large budget in a responsible manner.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.