Posting Date: May 14, 2018
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
Supervised By: Director of Financial Aid
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
General Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant deals directly with students and parents by answering questions pertaining to financial aid applications and/or procedures.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Answer and direct phone calls to appropriate staff
2. Greet students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration
3 Assist students, parents, and other entities with basic financial aid questions
4. Provide various written and verbal correspondence
5. Process documents submitted through the Financial Aid email
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One to two years office experience
2. Knowledge of the financial aid process and terminology would be extremely helpful
Skills and Abilities:
1. Have the ability to be a positive advocate for students and parents
2. The applicant will need to be a positive force in the office by portraying a positive attitude toward other office personnel, both in phone conversation and in greeting students, faculty and staff members
3. Minimum computer background in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
4. Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Meticulous attention to detail
7. Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
8. Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty and loyalty in the performance of duties are required for this position
9. The successful applicant will need to have a commitment to Christian Higher Education and be in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian Higher Education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas generally, and Wayland Baptist University particularly.
Must have no delinquent or have defaulted on any Student Loans. A credit check will be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.