Posting Date: April 16, 2018 (Position will be filled after July 1, 2019)
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Anchorage Campus – JBER (Ft. Richardson)
Supervised By: Associate Executive Director/Campus Dean
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: All academic advisors and administrative personnel at local site.
General Responsibilities: The Site Coordinator oversees all academic, administrative, and fiscal operations related to the teaching site.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Oversees the operations, which include all academic and fiscal matters, of the
Ft. Richardson site
2. Works with Campus Dean in developing an annual budget for the site
3. For the Ft. Richardson site, the Site Coordinator oversees and works with various Army education administration programs
4. Liaison with respective Education Service officers relevant to the teaching site
5. Supervises the academic and administrative staff on site
6. Schedules employees’ work hours
7. Oversees and conduct academic advising for the site
8. Oversees publicity and promotion of WBU’s program relevant to the teaching site
9. Establishes and maintains liaison and communication and ensure appropriate exchange with academic and administrative offices at the Plainview Campus
10. Assists in graduation ceremonies twice annually
11. Provides oversight for support of faculty who are teaching on site
12. Coordinates classrooms with the Education Office if applicable
13. Recruits students at military and school fairs and other venues
14. Is productive in a dynamic work environment
15. Formulates or implements policies and the operations of the location
16. Completes major assignments as assigned by the Associate or Campus Dean
17. Provides expert advice to the Associate and Campus Dean and to Administration related to the location
18. Resolves problems as they arise, or recommends how problems be resolved
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Executive Director/Campus Dean.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required
2. Master’s Degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Previous experience as an academic advisor at Wayland Baptist University or comparable
2. Administrative experience in a customer service setting
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be people-service centered
2. Possess strong administrative skills
3. Juggle multiple tasks
4. Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the university
5. Possess experience with such computer programs as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
6. Must possess good verbal and written skills plus good listening skills
7. Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills
8. Ability to understand and interpret personnel policies and procedures
9. Ability to prioritize. Flexible and available to work extended hours as needed
10. Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.