Student Accounts Coordinator
Posting Date: January 9, 2018
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Phoenix Campus – Central Park Forest Site
Supervised By: Site Coordinator
Position Classification: Non-exempt
Positions Supervised: None
General Responsibilities: The Student Accounts Coordinator serves as liaison between students, the Main Campus, the Veterans Administration, and other relevant areas regarding Phoenix Student Accounts and Financial Aid.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Provide accurate and timely assistance to students regarding accounts
2. Provide accurate and timely information to the Site Coordinator, Campus Dean, and Main Campus, as required
3. Provide biweekly and monthly reports to the appropriate personnel
4. Ability to be productive in a dynamic work environment
5. Maintains Phoenix financial aid files as well as all Accounts Receivable reconciliations for annual audit purposes
6. Assist in annual audit of student accounts and financial aid
7. Maintain proficiency in VA Once Certification process including conferences and regulation updates
8. Tactfully greet students, prospective students and refer to the appropriate staff/faculty in a courteous manner
9. Assist with Registrations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay
10. Act as an Academic Advisor for Graduate students, and performing all related enrollment activities
11. Assist with Graduations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay
12. Assist with updating the position’s job description, as required
13. Travel as required and as determined by the Campus Dean
14. Assists with marketing, fund raising and public relations events/projects as needed
15. Process Air Force tuition assistance each term in conjunction with the Luke Site Coordinator
16. Maintain VA files for VA Compliance Audit
17. Upload classes each term into the Go Army Ed system
18. Performing the duties of a CLEP/DTTS coordinator, scheduling and administering computer based exams
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Admissions and Recruitment.
1. Bachelor’s Degree is required
2. Master’s Degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One (1) year of office related experience
2. Knowledge of how to apply Christian principles in the work place
3. Prior military education and benefit experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. An in-depth understanding of, and commitment to, the “team” and “servant leadership” concepts is essential to advancing the Phoenix Campus mission
3. Excellent computer skills are required
4. Must be an excellent manager of time
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.