Assistant Athletic Trainer
Posting Date: December 14, 2017
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
Division/Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Supervised By: Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine & Director of Athletics
Position Classification: Exempt (Administrative)
General Responsibilities: The position of Assistant Athletic Trainer requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate athletics sports medicine program and will be bound by the university and the athletic department mission statements. Teaching in the School of Education, Exercise & Sport Science may be required.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Assist with the supervision and administration of all sports medicine operations for nineteen (19) intercollegiate sports
2. Assist with the prevention, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries and illnesses
3. Provide counseling and education to student athletes
4. Assist with the coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions
5. Assist with the supervision, education and recruitment of student athletic trainers
6. Record keeping and documentation
7. Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine & Director of Athletics.
1. Master’s Degree with experience will be given first priority
2. Must hold Texas Athletic Trainer License (LAT). NATABOC (ATC) certification is preferred. First Aid, CPR and AED certification required
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One (1) to three (3) years of progressive experience preferred
2. College level experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
1. A commitment to a Christian lifestyle
2. The ability to serve student athletes from a Christian perspective is essential
3. Individuals who apply should have proven integrity, leadership skills, and the ability to motivate students to be successful academically and athletically
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and work on weekends and evenings. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.