Campus Administrator/Academic Advisor (Altus AFB Site)
Posting Date: September 8, 2017
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Altus AFB Campus
Supervised By: Executive Director/Campus Dean
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: Night Monitor
General Responsibilities: The Campus Administrator/Academic Advisor is a crucial position for the overall daily operations of the campus. Responsibilities include academic, administrative financial and enrollment management under the guidance of the Executive Director/Campus Dean.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Responsible for academic advisement of students concerning their degree program which includes the development of an unofficial degree plan, preparation of a temporary evaluation, the monitoring of degree progress and the processing of graduation applications
2. Majority of time is used in performing and coordinating all the necessary financial matters of enrollment of students, including Tuition Assistance, VA Benefits, Government grant programs, loans and other financial assistance
3. Responsible for resolution of academic problems and issues in accordance with University and Air Force procedures
4. Responsible to manage the campus enrollment and promoting growth through providing quality service and excellence in the handling of duties and solving problems
5. Responsible to assist the Executive Director/Campus Dean in the recruitment of qualified full-time and part-time faculty and submission of appropriate hiring documentation to the appropriate persons on the main campus. Also ensuring that the faculties possess the appropriate course clearance prior to teaching assignments
6. Responsible to assist the Executive Director/Campus Dean with the orientation of new faculty, including ensuring that they are supplied with the necessary materials and resources
7. Responsible to assist the Executive Director/Campus Dean in coordinating the evaluation of faculty teaching and maintaining accurate records of all faculty members
8. Responsible to participate in appropriate community events, establishing and maintaining contracts, promoting WBU and recruiting students in accordance with the direction provided by the Executive Director/Campus Dean
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Campus Dean.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Completion (or near completion) of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
2. Working toward or completed Master’s Degree is preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Experience in higher education administration, marketing and/or academic counseling desired
2. Personal knowledge of military bases and operations, especially of the Education Office is desired
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent customer service skills with a positive attitude
2. Excellent communication skills required with a commitment to integrity, honesty, loyalty and humility
3. Knowledge of MS Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
4. Ability to use various office (i.e. copier, fax, etc.) machine and various audio-visual equipment (i.e. VCR/DVD players as well other television related equipment)
5. Good verbal and written skills plus good listening skills
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University - Plainview Campus
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.