S884 Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of External Campuses - Plainview Campus
POSTING DATE: April 16, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
OFFICE: Vice President of External Campuses
SUPERVISED BY: Vice President of External Campuses
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of External Campuses is responsible for general operations and representation of the office of the Vice President of External Campuses and the external campuses to all the offices and to all of the University’s public in a positive manner.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Maintains the files for external campuses in accordance with university policy.
- Answers the telephones in the multi-line system and responds to the questions of students, applicants, professors, administrators, members of the larger Wayland community and the public. Addresses concerns and/or routes telephone calls to appropriate personnel in an effort to completely address the concerns of the callers.
- Facilitates activities of the Vice President of External Campuses, including managing the schedule; coordinating meetings; making travel arrangements; coordinating and providing logistical support for conferences, visits of dignitaries, and other events; and establishing priorities for routine correspondence, meetings or activities.
- Serves as the focal point and conduit to the Vice President of External Campuses in coordinating appointments, activities, correspondence, and tasks for the external campuses, the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, and WBUonline. Maintains calendars or data bases for external campus graduations and activities and due dates for assigned tasks.
- Researches requirements for and drafts routine correspondence, reports, state licensure and authorization applications and the like for the approval and/or signature of the Vice President of External Campuses.
- Receives, reviews, determines appropriate distribution and routes mail for the Office of the Vice President of External Campuses.
- Ensures efficient office operations, including, but not limited to, managing inventory of office supplies, preparing requisitions, arranging for required maintenance or technical support, and coordinating coverage of the office
- Serves on University committees whether assigned or volunteered.
- Assists with other assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner, including, but not limited to, providing assistance to other individuals or offices as directed by the Vice President of External Campuses.
- Resolves issues as they arise, or recommends course of action to effect resolution.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President of External Campuses.
Education, Certification and License:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some college work preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Five years of proven executive office setting experience or equivalent education and training, especially oral and written communication skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven computer experience, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to meet public and work well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be an excellent manager of time.
- Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty and loyalty in the performance of duties of the position.
- Ability to learn and retain vast amounts of information from a wide variety of sources.
- Ability to be a positive Christian force in the office by portraying a positive attitude and professionalism in all interactions with students, families, administration, faculty, staff, members of the higher education community and the public.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.