Posting Date: February 1, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Phoenix Campus - Tucson Site
SUPERVISED BY: Site Coordinator
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant assists with processing registration records, faculty records applications and other student records, maintains and sets up files for new students, greets visitors, forwards telephone messages, inputs data related to student applications and degree plans, assists in developing and maintaining data reports and follows up on incomplete files. This person also assists with registrations and graduations.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Assist with faculty records, registration records, student grades and other
assigned tasks in timely and accurate manner
2. Assists the campus financial aid office as a backup VA benefits and federal financial aid specialist.
3. Accurately input student records data
4. Follow up with students on incomplete files which must be completed before end of first term of enrollment
5. Maintain existing files and make them readily available to staff
6. Take incoming phone calls tactfully and courteously process these call to the appropriate staff/ faculty member
7. Tactfully greet students, prospective students and refer to the appropriate staff/faculty in a courteous manner
8. Assist with registrations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay
9. Assist with graduations which would include performing related assignments accurately and without delay
10. Prepare yearly objectives in a timely manner
11. Assist with updating this position’s job description as required
12. Work late afternoons and early evenings to accommodate student needs and faculty needs. Occasional Saturday work may also be required
13. Travel may be required as determined by the Executive Director/Campus Dean or Site Coordinator
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Bachelor Degree is preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
1. One (1) year of office related experience.
2. Knowledge of how to apply Christian principles in the work place is also required.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. An in-depth understanding of, and commitment to, the “team” and “servant leadership” concepts is essential to advancing the Sierra Vista Campus mission.
3. Excellent computer skills are required.
4. Must be an excellent manager of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel.. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.