Posting Date: November 28, 2018
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University - Plainview Campus
SCHOOL: BAS/BCM Office
SUPERVISED BY: Director of BAS/BCM
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
General Responsibilities: The Evaluator is responsible to the director of the BAS/BCM Office for activities assigned and is responsible for representing Wayland to all of the University’s public in a positive manner.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Acts with integrity in all matters and exhibits behavior that reflects the
highest ethical and professional standards
2. Completes all aspects of job in accordance with pertinent deadlines
3. Via ImageNow, evaluates new student files ensuring accuracy in degree intentions and
academic integrity pertaining to courses accepted in transfer and reflected on official degree plans and Wayland transcripts
4. Creates official Wayland transcripts for all AAS, BAS, and BCM degrees
5. Updates official degree plans and Wayland transcripts upon receipt of official documentation
6. Creates Student Agreements (SOC) for military students and family members as needed and appropriate
7. Via email and phone, serves as a resource for external campus advisors in regards to academic catalog, Guidelines and other BAS/BCM processes
8. Performs preliminary and final graduation audits for each assigned campus per posting ensuring degree completion for students who have applied to graduate and effectively communicates with external campus staff upon completion
9. Updates Wayland grades for all BAS/BCM and AAS students at least twice per year
10. Respond to directives of the Director of the BAS/BCM Office
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by the employee. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of the BAS/BCM Office and University Registrar.
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum senior status and working toward degree.
Experience & Knowledge:
Three years of computer experience with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
2. Meticulous attention to detail
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
5. Must possess the analytical skills to evaluate transfer credits and the ability to learn and retain vast amounts of information from a wide variety of sources
6. The ability to deal fairly and diplomatically with students and their family members, faculty and staff in the university system within the confines of FERPA regulations
7. Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty and loyalty in the performance of duties in the position
8. A commitment to Christian Higher Education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian Higher Education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas generally, and Wayland Baptist University particularly
9. A positive force in the office portraying a positive attitude toward other university personnel in phone conversations and in greeting executive directors, students, deans, faculty, and staff members
10. A written statement reflecting personal faith in Jesus Christ, church affiliation and involvement is required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel.. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.