Site Coordinator/Academic Advisor - Fairbanks Campus – Eielson AFB
Posting Date: November 19, 2018
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Fairbanks Campus – Eielson AFB
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director/Campus Dean
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
General Responsibilities: The Site Coordinator/ Academic Advisor on the Fairbanks Campus serves as an academic support person in the tasks inherent to a specific education site and in support of the Fairbanks Campus in general.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Advising students on WBU programs
2. Prepare unofficial evaluations of military, employment, and previous college experience
3. Gather official paperwork from students and mail completed packets to Plainview Campus for Official Evaluation
4. Advise students on courses needed for their degree
5. Maintain and update student files
6. Assist students with Federal Financial Aid applications, Stafford loans, and Alaska Student loans
7. Direct students to point of contact for Air Force Tuition Assistance and VA benefits
8. Act as a liaison between students and external degree evaluator at Plainview Campus
1. Register students for classes
2. Assist in the following areas as needed:
A. Accept payments as required
B. Post student accounts and process payments
C. Provide book service for student textbooks
D. Provide class list to faculty prior to first class meeting
E. Bill the VA for students using the GI Bill
3. Bill/invoice the appropriate military education center for tuition assistance
1. Assist Campus Dean with planning and assisting with graduation ceremony, graduation banquet, and graduation reception twice each year
2. Handle student paperwork related to the graduation process
1. Initiate paperwork for course withdrawals/drops
2. Transfer appropriate paperwork from Eielson AFB to Fairbanks Campus/Plainview Campus.
3. Answer phones
4. Coordinate WBU schedule and activities with Education Center
5. Learn and effectively utilize WBU computer programs and demonstrate effective word processing skills
6. Copy, log, and mail weekly batch mail to Plainview Campus
7. Collect mail at Post Office
8. Submit petty cash receipts to Campus Dean
10. Assist Campus Dean with the semester schedules
11. Assist Campus Dean with recruitment of new students
1. Assist with military orientations, as needed
2. Represent WBU at graduations of cooperative colleges and universities, as needed
3. Assist with a minimum of one trade show per year, representing WBU for a minimum of 6 hours at that venue, as needed
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Campus Dean.
1. Associate Degree is required
2. Bachelor Degree is preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
1. Experience advising students in an academic setting is preferred.
2. Experience in principles, methods, and procedures for career counseling and guidance is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent customer service/people skills.
2. Must posses working experience with computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint experience.
3. Must posses good verbal and written skills plus good listening skills.
4. Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel.. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Position will remain open until filled
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.