F155 Assistant/Associate Professor of Management Information Systems (MIS)
DATE: June 18, 2019
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Dean, School of Business
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: A full-time faculty member, the Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems (MIS) is primarily responsible for teaching a variety of undergraduate and/or graduate courses both face-to- face and online.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Prepare and teach (24) semester hours of courses each academic year through various modalities (face-to-face, online, etc.).
- Maintain a minimum of 10 hours of office hours/week.
- Academically advise undergraduate and graduate students and assist with registrations and recruiting events.
- Assist the Dean and faculty members in developing new programs, reporting data, selecting textbooks, and developing syllabi.
- Attend meetings and serve on University, Faculty, and School Committees; assist with
graduations and attend scheduled faculty and staff meetings.
The above statements are not a complete list of responsibilities, tasks, and duties performed by employees in this position. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Business or the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
A commitment to and an agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
Education, Certification and License:
Earned doctorate in Management Information Systems or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. ABD applicants are encouraged to apply.
Experience and Knowledge
- Recent experience teaching MIS courses in a college or university setting.
- Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following qualifications:
- additional coursework or experience in teaching Business Administration
- experience with or interest in online course development and/or teaching
Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in the English language with excellent writing and speaking skills;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with no direct supervision;
- Proficiency with computers, technology, and related educational/classroom equipment;
- A strong interest in teaching and leading in the growth and development of undergraduate students;
- The ability and desire to apply Christian principles in the workplace.
- Endorsement by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Able to pass Background Checks.
- Must have no delinquent or defaulted items on Credit Report. A credit check will be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
- Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement consistent with Wayland's Christian mission (link to application https://www2.wbu.edu/jobapp/empapp.aspx)
- Curriculum vitae with cover letter
- Copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic work
- Three professional letters of reference.
Application materials may be submitted electronically or in hard copy form to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.