Assistant/Associate Professor of English-Speech and/or Mathematics-Science
Posting Date: July 25, 2016
Location: Wayland Baptist University - Fairbanks Campus
School: Languages and Literature and/or Mathematics and Science
Supervised By: Executive Director/Campus Dean, Fairbanks Campus
Responsibilities: As a full-time faculty member, the Assistant/Associate Professor of English-Speech and/or Mathematics and Science will be responsible for teaching both undergraduate and graduate level courses. The majority of the semester hours will be taught in face-to-face classes, but some may be through the WBU Online WBUonline. All qualified applicants will be seriously considered; however, the preferred candidate would also have academic qualifications to teach a variety of academic disciplines. As a faculty member of WBU, this individual will represent the University’s spiritual emphasis to students, faculty, staff, and the community in a manner consistent with the University’s mission and purpose. The position involves a 12-month contract with 33 semester hours to be taught per year.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Prepare and teach 33 semester hours of courses each academic year
2. Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours/week
3. Advise undergraduate and graduate students
4. Assist the executive director as needed, primarily serving as the local department chair for the academic fields he/she teaches
5. Serve on University, Faculty, and School Committees and attend scheduled faculty and staff meetings.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Campus Dean Dean of the School of Nursing or the Executive Vice President/Provost.
Qualifications: A commitment of Christian Higher education and in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
Education, Certification and License:
1. Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in English and/or Science required. Applicants who are ABD and scheduled to finish a Ph.D. program within the first six months of hire will also be considered
2. In addition to the terminal degree, applicant must also have a master’s degree in management and/or business, so as to be qualified to teach graduate management courses
Experience & Knowledge: Recent experience teaching in a college or university setting is required.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Qualifications to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels
2. Recent successful experience using technology in the teaching/learning process and/or online delivery of education
3. Proficiency with computers, technology, and related educational/classroom equipment
4. The ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with no direct supervision
5. A strong interest in teaching and leading in the growth and development of undergraduate and graduate students
6. The ability and desire to apply Christian principles in the workplace
1. Endorsement by the Executive Vice President/Provost
2. Able to pass criminal and credit background checks
3. Have no delinquent or defaulted items on credit report
4. Must have no delinquent or defaulted Student Loans
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement and Teaching
Philosophy: (Link to Application Below)
3. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
4. Three current professional letters of recommendation
5. Copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic work
Additional material may be requested at a later date.
Please send this information to:
Dr. Eric Ash, Interim Executive Director/Campus Dean Wayland Baptist University - Fairbanks Campus
7801 E. 32nd Ave.
Anchorage AK 99504
Phone: (907) 333-2277
Fax: (907) 337-8122
Position will remain open until
Starts Date, August 15, 2016
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.