Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
Posting Date: December 12, 2017
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) Plainview, TX
Division/Department: Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Supervised By: Vice President of External Campuses
Position Classification: Exempt (Administrative)
Positions Supervised: Research Management Analyst
General Responsibilities: The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness provides accurate, timely and appropriate research, analysis and consultation needed for planning and decision making to improve the institution and in response to requests made by the University community, external accrediting bodies and organizations.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Provides oversight and supervision for institutional planning, assessment, research, evaluation strategies, and accreditation processes
2. Works with faculty in the development of effective assessment and evaluation strategies of program outcomes and course competencies.
3. Coordinates the activities necessary for the university’s reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
4. Analyzes data related to institutional and program performance, trend analysis, competitor analysis, cost-income ratios, demographics, comparative studies with peer institutions, retention, and related areas.
5. Responsible for the continuous updating and refining of the Institutional Research and Effectiveness website to include current and historical reports and information.
6. Coordinates the institution’s statistical and survey reporting to external agencies.
7. Maintains accurate, current schedule of tasks assigned to Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President of External Campuses.
1. Master’s Degree in business, computing, research, statistical analysis or a closely related field is required.
2. Significant experience in these fields or in related fields in higher education can be considered in lieu of required degree.
3. Doctoral Degree in business, computing, research, statistical analysis or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Experience with academic or administrative computing in higher education is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced computer applications skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and learning management systems are required. Experience with academic or administrative computing systems or networks also desirable.
2. Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
3. Basic understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methodology.
4. Ability to retrieve, organize, understand and analyze data.
5. Possess the initiative and self-discipline to organize and conduct projects independently.
6. Ability to work successfully with others to accomplish the goals of the institution.
7. Willingness to travel and work hours beyond the normal university schedule.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBUonline offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement: (Link to Application Below)
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.