Adjunct Facilitator, Certified Nursing Assistant Program
Posting Date: November 29, 2017
Location: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – New Braunfels Site
Supervised By: Coordinator Fundamentals of Nursing
Position Classification: Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
General Responsibilities: The facilitator reports to the Coordinator of Fundamentals of Nursing. The facilitator teaches nursing assistant classes offered through the School of Nursing. The facilitator actively participates in School of Nursing activities, cultivates productive relationships within the community, and promotes the mission of the university thorough the strengthening of relationships with appropriate community and corporate leaders. The facilitator will participate in system initiatives to improve and maintain a certificate nursing program and will conduct appropriate research to determine the effectiveness of the existing program. The facilitator will participate in developing and maintaining strategic direction and in planning and establishing standards. The facilitator acts as a role model in the certified nursing assistant profession and maintains a high standard of practice in educating and engaging the nursing assistant students to provide evidence-based practices congruent with the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. The facilitator will provide excellence in teaching, student advising, research, and community service.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Teach didactic and clinical nursing assistant knowledge to the students of Wayland Baptist University certified nursing assistant program.
2. Contribute to the development and maintenance of a successful nursing assistant curriculum.
3. Participate in the evaluation of the nursing assistant curriculum.
4. Maintain Professional Development in areas of expertise.
5. Participate and provide leadership when necessary in University and Department Committees.
6. Participate and provide leadership when necessary in Professional Organizations.
7. Contribute to the community.
8. Recruit students to and advise students in the Certified Nursing Assistant Education Program.
9. Assume other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the direct supervisor or VPAA.
10. Foster and maintain partnerships with regional health care and social services organizations and agencies, civic groups, and academic institutions across disciplines to promote the development of effective leaders, practitioners, and citizens and to advance healthy living within our multicultural society.
11. Promote relationships with alumni.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.
1. Licensed Vocational Nurse
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Three (3) years of experience working as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in a position of increasing responsibility.
2. Demonstrated success in acquisition of external funding and development of community partnerships.
3. A record of effective engagement with other staff members and members of the greater community, as well as a willingness to work agreeably with faculty and university administration.
4. A demonstrated commitment to serving the University's ethnically and culturally diverse population.
5. A deep commitment to Christian Higher Education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general, and WBU in particular.
6. An understanding of and commitment to work with educational programs related to churches, businesses, industries, and the military.
7. Record of teaching and professional accomplishments meriting appointment as a facilitator in the School of Nursing.
8. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
9. Expertise in the area of teaching in nursing education.
Skills and Abilities:
1. The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas orally and in writing.
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
3. Be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
4. The ability to understand and interpret personnel and student policies and procedures.
5. The ability to be flexible, to prioritize, and to be available to work extended hours as needed including evenings and weekends.
6. Be willing to make trips as required for professional activities.
7. Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
8. Be creative and be able to develop new ideas.
9. Be persistent in the face of obstacles.
10. Be honest, ethical, reliable, responsible, and dependable.
11. An ability to work effectively within a comprehensive university system.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. Employee must be able to work as a team player, work indoors and in an environmentally controlled office area with florescent lighting, and on occasion work outdoors, be exact and accurate, pay very close attention to detail, and have transportation to and from work. The qualified applicant must be able to work flexible hours as needed. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish identity and employment eligibility as required by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Some travel required. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record. The candidate for employment will be subject to a background check and may be requested to take a drug test.
If requested, reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities for any part of the employment process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBU Online Campus offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Application Procedure: Applications may be submitted online or you may download it from the top of this web page by clicking on Application for Employment.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement (Link to Application Below)
3. Current Resume
4. List of Current References
Please send this information to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University - Plainview Campus
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled, but applications received prior to December 15 will receive priority consideration.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.