Adjunct Faculty - Doctor of Management
Posting Date: August 22, 2017
Location: Wayland Baptist University – WBU Online
Academic School: Business
Supervised By: Dean of the School of Business & Associate Dean of Doctoral Studies
Position Classification: Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Responsibilities: The Adjunct Faculty members will work under the supervision of the Dean of the School
of Business or Associate Dean of Doctoral Studies. As a part-time faculty member of
WBU he/she will represent the University’s academic and spiritual emphases to the
students, faculty, staff, and the community in a manner consistent with the University’s
mission and purpose.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Prepare and teach one 3-hour Doctor of Management course through Black Board.
2. Maintain positive relationships with students, faculty, staff, and general constituency of the University.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed
by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by
the Dean, School of Business, Associate Dean of Doctoral Programs or Vice President
of Academic Affairs.
Qualifications: A commitment to and an agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
Earned doctorate in Management from a Regionally Accredited Institution of Higher
Education in Management is required.
Experience & Knowledge:
1. At least three years of recent successful College or University teaching experience.
2. Knowledge of online delivery of education.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Fluency in the English language with excellent writing and speaking skills;
2. The ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with no direct supervision;
3. Proficiency with computers, technology, and related educational/classroom equipment;
4. A strong interest in teaching and leading in the growth and development of graduate students;
5. The ability and desire to apply Christian principles in the workplace.
1. Endorsement by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
2. Must be able to pass Background Checks.
3. Must have no delinquent or defaulted Student Loans. A credit check may be conducted to insure the requirement is met.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish his or her identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Naturalization Services. Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University: Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university. The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. The Wayland Baptist University System is comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, twelve external campuses, and the WBU Online Campus offering courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Learn About Us: Candidates are encouraged to learn more at About Wayland.
Interested individuals MUST submit the following information:
1. Completed University Application of Employment with Faith Statement consistence with Wayland's Christian mission: (Link to Application) https://www2.wbu.edu/jobapp/empapp.aspx
2. Curriculum vitae with cover letter
3. Copies of transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic work.
4. Three current professional letters of recommendation.
Application material may be received electronically or in hard copy form to:
Ron Appling, Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB #1264
Plainview, TX 79072
Phone: (806) 291-3451
Fax: (806) 291-1981
Application review will begin September 2017, and continue until position is filled.
Start date is November 2017.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.