Welcome to the Anchorage Campus, Student Chapter #5583 of SHRM
Learn, Lead, and Live in the Light
Student Chapter 2012-2013 Theme
Chapter Mission Statement
To advance the knowledge, skills and abilities of Wayland Baptist University, Anchorage Student Chapter of SHRM members by providing essential resources through education, networking, career guidance, and HR activities.
The Anchorage Campus Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a student-lead organization dedicated to the professional development of students pursuing careers with human resource management, business administration, and organizational management.
The Student Chapter meets once a month to gain career exposure and network within Human Resource (HR) professionals. Additionally, the Chapter members plan and conduct campus student professional development seminars and community support activities. The Anchorage SHRM sponsors the Student Chapter, and the Student Chapter is affiliated with the national Society for Human Resource Management. Student members participate in activities on and off campus and learn from active HR professionals the career field of Human Resource Management.
Anchorage Campus, Student Chapter of SHRM 2012-2013 Goals
- Recruit 10 new student members school year 2012-2013. Of the 10 new members, recruit at least six new members from the campus undergraduate student population and recruit at least four new four from the campus graduate student population.
- Form, fund, and train one HR-Games team to compete in the April 2013 HR-Games
- Conduct one campus level fundraising activity in fall, winter, and spring terms.
- Conduct a student chapter presentation during fall, winter, and spring terms during the UNIV 1101: Foundations of University Life new student orientation course.
- Develop and present a strategic HRM topic presentation at the ASHRM November, 2011, luncheon.
- Participate in ASHRM and Mat-Su Valley Chapters and other HRM sponsored activities.
- Plan, fund, and promote three $150 scholarship awards to campus students for Winter term.
- Support Anchorage Campus activities during school year 2012-2013, such as fall and spring clean-up, and fall and spring graduations.
- Perform community outreach activities to Bean’s Café and Anchorage Food Bank.
- Work towards completing all requirements to receive a National SHRM award.