Join SHRM Today!
To begin your SHRM Student Membership:
- Enroll online through SHRMs secure website
- Email Dr. Dave Rambow - Advisor so that he can note this in our membership directory. Please include your Membership Number in your email.
If you have any questions please email Dr. Dave Rambow - Advisor
SHRM is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management.Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession.
What are the benefits?
For the low cost of $35 per year, student membership includes:
- HR Magazine. Twelve monthly digital issues of SHRM's award-winning magazine featuring in-depth articles on human resource management.
- HR Week. Weekly e-bulletin highlighting critical HR issues.
- SHRMStudent Focus. A quarterly e-magazine presented within HR Magazine featuring features stories about education, careers in human resources, student chapters, conferences and much more!
- SHRM Store. Discounted prices on HRM/general management publications. A catalog of publications is available online.
- Annual Conference. The SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition featuring over 150 educational sessions, a one-day student conference, and attendance of over 10,000 professionals and 300 students. The conference is held in June and national student members can attend at a substantial discount. Information and registration forms are mailed to all national student members each January.
- Member Directory Online. Searchable database helps you locate SHRM professional members around the country and the world. Exclusively for SHRM members. If you already belong to the Society, click here to use the directory.
- SHRM Online's HR Talk. Exclusively for members of SHRM. Go online to discuss issues affecting the HR profession. If you are already a member, click here to enter HR Talk.
- State & Regional Conferences. Student and professional educational conferences held around the country sponsored by local SHRM chapters.
- Membership card. An official SHRM membership card including your membership number which allows you to access your membership services.
- Scholarships. The SHRM Foundation has set up $50,000 in student scholarships annually, including:
- 10 Undergraduate Awards at $2,500 each
- 4 Graduate Awards at $5,000 each
- 25 Assurance of Learning Awards at $200 each
- Student Conversion Dues. Graduating members can convert their membership to professional status at a special rate. Conversion application must be submitted within six weeks of graduation to receive the discount. For more information about conversion, click here.