Is the FAFSA all I have to do to be awarded Financial Aid?


Students are instructed individually about what information must be submitted, either by means of a tracking letter or personal notification. For federal and state aid, the electronic version of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Federal Processing Center is required. The Department of Education randomly selects student files for "verification" and those students are required to submit parent and/or student and/or spouse signed IRS tax form 1040, verification documents, and other pertinent documents deemed necessary to verify information submitted on the FAFSA. Students are urged to respond promptly to requests for additional information.


WBU reserves the right to verify files not chosen by the Department of Education.