2014 Annual Meeting
Association of Ministry Guidance Professionals
Dallas Baptist University
July 30 – August 1, 2014
Theme: Preparing Students for Global Ministry (Acts 1:8)
- Jimmy Dorrell, President/Executive Director of Mission Waco-World
- Glenn Watson, Professor, Canadian Baptist Seminary
- Rod Earls, DOM, Central Valley Baptist Association in California
- Bob Dean, DOM, Dallas Baptist Association, Texas
- Travis Bundrick, DOM, Williamson Baptist Association, Texas
- Gary Cook, President, Dallas Baptist University
- Meredith Stone, Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Brent Taylor, Pastor, FBC, Carrolton, Tx. and Partnerships Unlimited
- Lloyd Elder, The Moench Center, Belmont University
- Bob Brooks, Dean of the Graduate School of Ministry at DBU
New Directors’ Workshop: Sessions provided on Wednesday, July 30th, morning and afternoon, for the professional development of those who are new to field education: coordinated by Paul Stevens, National Consultant for AMGP.
Conference Host: Dallas Baptist University
Costs: The Association of Ministry Guidance Professionals and Dallas Baptist University are providing financial support for this year’s meeting as described below.
- Travel to and from the meeting will be partially covered by AMGP for Dues-paying or sponsorship members. Upon receipt of a member’s 2014 dues ($50) and a completed registration form, a travel check will be sent to the member. The check will be figured on twenty-nine (.29) per mile for a round trip from the member’s home or business address (provided) as
calculated online or the actual cost of round trip air fare (provided), whichever is less. If based on air travel, a receipt will be required.
AMGP members for whom this amount of funding causes an undue burden and who cannot attend unless additional travel funds are provided may apply to the Treasurer for additional assistance. The Treasurer, in consultation with the Finance Committee, will respond confidentially to each request for additional funding on a case by case basis as funds permit.
- On-site meeting expenses:
- DBU will provide meals from noon Wednesday (excluding Wednesday evening) to noon Friday. Breakfast on Wednesday will also be provided for New Directors, Committee and Board members, Officers, and those needing to arrive on Tuesday.
- Campus Housing is available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights for single members. Members with spouses and families will need to arrange for their housing. A list of nearby motels is attached.
- For those staying in campus housing: bed linens, blanket, pillow and towels will be provided.
- If you plan to stay on campus, complete the Housing and Transportation Form and mail, email or fax to Gina Williford, Dallas Baptist University, Graduate School of Ministry. email@example.com
- DEADLINE to reserve campus housing is Wednesday, July 9.
Airport Shuttle: DBU will offer airport shuttle service from the DFW airport to the University. The shuttle schedule will be based on flight information provided on the Housing and Transportation Form which is due to Gina Williford by Wednesday, July 9.
To join us this year for fellowship and professional development:
- Complete the 2014 Registration Form and mail, email or fax to Richard Faling, AMGP Treasurer TODAY!!!
If you plan to stay on campus, complete the Housing and Transportation form and mail, email or fax to Gina Williford, Dallas Baptist University, Graduate School of Ministry.
Deadline to request campus housing is Wednesday, July 9.
If you are interested in attending the Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees baseball game on Wednesday night, contact Royce Rose. firstname.lastname@example.org Note. Thirty have already signed up exhausting the number of tickets we have reserved, but do not hesitate to get on the waiting list.
If there are spouses and other family members interested, Jean Kemp will lead a Thursday day trip to the Museum of Biblical Arts and/or the North Park Mall in Dallas.